The h2g2 Post 15.10.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th October 2012

Well, It's Different

A man stands shackled in chains - don't worry, he'll be free in a minute. The world is full of weird and wonderful things. If it weren't, we wouldn't have anything to write about. Check out your h2g2 Front Page – there's sure to be something weird and wonderful on it, even without the Post. But, boy, do we add to the wonder. Just check this week's offerings out: we've got poems, and cartoons, and wildlife, and church architecture, and fiction, and. . . well, you know the drill. Read, comment, get inspired, go do some researching and writing of your own. Wherever you go, there you are. We're counting on you to tell us about it.

We hope you're enjoying your October. Get out and watch some leaves turning. Take a picture for us. By the way, if you're in the US, a reminder: it's time to get your 'flu shots. Get 'em now. They take ten days to fully protect you, and you want to be armed against the crowds on Election Day. End of Public Service Announcement.

Get ready for Halloween. Remember: we're still accepting Halloween Stuff for the Post. Poems, cartoons, photos, stories, you name it. Scare the daylights out of us, make us chuckle. We're asking for it. Also, remember to get ready for the Mystery Night on the 28th. Create has all the latest.

If you aren't subscribed to the Announcements page, why not? Go and do that. While you're there, take a look at Robbie's latest announcement. It will give you a glow. We thank him, and appreciate all the volunteers.

STOP PRESS NEWS!

Wow. Talk about appropriate. As we go to press, we – and the rest of the twittering world – stand agog and agape, as Austrian Felix Baumgartner has now set a new world's record for highest balloon flight. He's also proven that it is possible for a human being to free-fall faster than the speed of sound, and live to tell about it. We were watching along with everyone else as he stepped out of his capsule into empty air. About ten minutes later (four-and-a-half of them in freefall), he landed on terra firma. On his feet, no less. How's that for weird and wonderful? We'd show you the pictures, but it wasn't NASA, this time. Felix has our best wishes.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

STOP THE PRESSES

NATURE EVERYWHERE


 

FIGURING IT ALL OUT


 

 
SAVOURING THE EXOTIC

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87766979

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more